Race day is a short 3 days away. Today I finally got over my 6-day cold and my body feels ready to run. Hopefully I can do a nice jog around my ‘hood after work. Fingers crossed!
I’m pumped to run the 2018 Rock n Roll 1/2 this Sunday and here are the 13 reasons why:
- Running with Katey: Last year I ran the RnR Half for the first time with my friend Katey. I helped her reach her half marathon goal and the emotions felt were fantastic.
- BibRave: Super proud and lucky to be representing BibRave as a BibRave Pro this year. I’ll be wearing my orange shirt and hat and big smile come race morning.
- The Expo: The RnR expo is no joke. They have some of the best vendors, displays and hype of any expo I have gone too. The energy is fantastic too. Last year they had a huge banner and had the racers sign it, I thought that was a nice touch. Some vendors I’m excited to see are: Pjur Active, Spartan Race, KT Tape and The BFF :: Electric Foam Roller.
- The Hill: Why am I pumped to run up a hill? Because it’s a challenge and I love overcoming them. The hill is deadly and at mile 8-9 it can break your race. I hill trained and I’m ready for it and ready to fly down it!
- The Music: Last year I ran without music and that was totally ok ’cause the on course entertainment was rockin’. This year there will be more local bands and one stationed at every mile along the course.
- Cheer Squads: Statistically, I’m more of a small race kinda gal. I don’t run huge races that often so I miss out on people cheering the runners on. I’m totally excited to hear the roars, claps and read the funny signs of the cheer squads along the course this year.
- RnR App: Earlier this week I downloaded the Rock n Roll app, quickly claimed my bib number, and authorized the app to automatically post tracking updates to Twitter and Facebook.
- The Festival: After the run it was relaxing to listen to music while browsing the Brooks Running tent.
- PR: Last year I helped my pal Katey PR, this year I hope with both PR with a finishing time of 2:18.
- The Weather: Historically, January is prime time to race in Arizona. I’m looking forward to partly cloudy, 73 degree race day temps.
- The Bling: There were some complaints on social media about this years medal. I actually like it! Kitchy Arizona style is fun and I can’t wait to hang it up on my wall come medal Monday.
- Brooks: I’ve tried other shoes and and nothing compares to Brooks. I’m thrilled they are an official sponsor again. I’ll be rockin’ my Brooks Levitate come race day.
- The Shirt: This year’s race shirt is a cool grey with a graphic guitar. I look good in grey and can’t wait to wear it once the race is over.