Disclaimer: I am reviewing Athlinks as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Do you upload all of your running data to every running data tracking site on the internet? Do you analyze your data and compare it from site to site seeing how you’re progressing (or how you need to improve?) Do you like to compare your race results to others? Me too! I ❤️ running data.
This past year I discovered a new data tracking site called Althlinks. They are different than the others because they know what races you ran. Don’t be creeped out, they do this for everyone! I found it fascinating that is was as simple as finding the races I ran in their search box, scrolling through my finishing times and claiming them.
Althinks says they are the largest results database for competitive endurance athletes in the world and because of that I put my trust in them. You also don’t only have to participate in running events to see results. They pull times for all timed events such as swimming, cycling, triathlon, etc.
And if you are competitive by nature, they also show your ‘Rivals’ which is a list of those you raced against and the time differences. As of tonight, I don’t have any rivals. Want to be mine?!
I plan to have Althlinks help me easily compare my efforts — especially in the half marathon — to see where I stand, how I’m improving and how I rank against others in the same race.
Last week times for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona were updated. It was easy for me to claim my results and compare my times to previous half marathon times as well as my time from the same race last year. Here is the breakdown in screenshots from my profile on Athlinks:
• Automatically, Athlinks knew I had an unclaimed result! I appreciated seeing that as soon as I logged in. I clicked on the ‘Claim Results’ button to see what race this was but I had a feeling it was for the RnR Arizona Half I did a week earlier.
• Sure enough it was for the RnR Arizona Half! I clicked on the ‘Claim’ button after looking everything over. This was my finish time and I’m the only Andrea Heser on Athlinks.
• The confirmation popup made me confident my result will now be on my page.
• I love how Athlinks ranks me to the other runners. I’m a middle-of-the-pack gal and this proves it! Did you see how hot it was that day?! No wonder I got a sun tan.
• Comparing efforts was quick and easy. Click on ‘Results’ on the middle part of the left side of the screen. This is where you can sort under different parameters. I chose 1/2 Marathon.
• Now it’s super easy to see all of my half marathon efforts sorted by year. You can see that I’m getting faster but not progressively. That’s because three of my half marathons have been ones that I paced a group or a friend (2017: RnR Half, Craft Classic and 3TV. 2016: Santa Hustle.)
My next half marathon is the Phoenix Mesa on February 24 and I am hoping to PR. Can’t wait to claim my result and see where I stand.